CHEM21 workshop 13th – 15th June 2016: Practical Aspects of Green Chemistry in the Pharmaceutical Industry
13th -15th June 2016, RSC Burlington House, London, UK
This highly interactive workshop will be delivered by a blend of CHEM21 academics and industry experts in the field, involving group work and problem solving exercises alongside seminars to explore a broad range of cutting-edge case studies and industrial examples on greening the synthesis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
The workshop is open to students, academics and industrialists. Places are limited and will be allocated on case by case basis. If you are interested in attending please complete the registration form including a brief supporting statement explaining your reasons for applying.
19:00 – 21:00 13th June Reception and pre-workshop networking event
- Keynote Presentation – Green Chemistry &Sustainability for the 21st Century Industry (Prof. James Clark, University of York)
- Introduction to CHEM21, IMI and aims of the workshop
- Launch of the CHEM21 online Education and Training platform
9:00-17:00 14th June & 9:00-13:00 15th June Workshop & Symposium
This will consist of a blend of lectures, interactive small group exercises and whole group discussions on the following subjects:
- Metrics and Route Selection (Prof. Andy Wells, CTC Ltd and Dr John Hayler, GlaxoSmithKline)
- C-H activation (Prof. Bert Maes, University of Antwerp (tbc))
- Biocatalytic Retrosynthesis (Prof. Nick Turner, University of Manchester)
- Solvents Lecture (Dr Denis Prat, Sanofi)
- Solvents Workshop (Dr John Hayler & Dr Helen Sneddon, GlaxoSmithKline)
- Fluorination (Prof. Graham Sandford, Durham University)
- Flow chemistry (Prof. John Blacker, University of Leeds)
- Synthetic Biology (Prof. Anton Glieder, Technische Universität Graz & Dr Claus Lattemann)
Click here for more information on the venue
Accommodation: Here are some suggestions for places to stay, the list is by no means comprehensive but has been chosen to demonstrate a range of different options to suit all budgets.